Random thoughts I wanted to share from my latest journey…moving into my new home and moving forward with my life. When I was in Denver, I wanted...
The Ruthology Method
- Mood swings
- Panic attacks
- Bipolar disorder
- The everyday common "Blues"
- Poor self image (Doubt, Indecisiveness, including causes and results)
- Tools to help improve rather than unintentionally harming
Loss & Grief Counseling, Suicide
- Support through stages of grief after the loss of a loved one.
- Help developing coping skills to find positives and move forward.
- Specifically, throughout my years in Livonia, we have dealt with mourning several teenage suicides.
- Unexpected/senseless grieving is another issue in itself.
- Outpatient care for individuals in recovery to help maintain their sobriety.
- Identify healthy activities/alternatives to drinking.
- Identify/develop positive supports.
Self Injurious Behavior
- Outpatient work with individuals who are not suicidal, but express their pain through harming themselves.
- Develop alternative, healthier methods of coping with pain.
- Identify areas of interest to pursue activity.
Divorce & Blended Family Issues
- Feelings & behaviors that result from a divorce, remarriage
- Tools to ease the transition
- Poor grades, including performing below potential or being in need of additional support
- Behavioral problems
- Attention seeking behavior
- Outpatient work with individuals on healthy methods of expressing anger, including verbalizing feelings.
- Develop healthy activities/outlets for anger.
- Support for individuals (dating, pre marital, and marital) to improve relationship dynamics.
- Help identify the personal role rather than focusing solely on others.
- Address the relevance of one’s relationship with self.
“Life is too ironic to fully understand it. It takes sadness to know what happiness is, noise to appreciate silence & absence to value presence.”
Losing a spouse is traumatic. A tragedy. Losing a spouse unexpectedly has been, let me be honest with you…complete hell. Jim passed at the end of 2017....
I was out yesterday and once again was reminded how fortunate I am to live in such a beautiful place, Boulder, Colorado. There is a smell to...