Affirmations are phrases that you repeat to yourself over and over. Though incredibly simple in nature, they are powerful tools for improving emotional wellness. Our thoughts greatly...
The Ruthology Method
- Mood swings
- Panic attacks
- Bipolar disorder
- The everyday common "Blues"
- Poor self image (Doubt, Indecisiveness, including causes and results)
- Tools to help improve rather than unintentionally harming
Loss & Grief Counseling, Suicide
- Support through stages of grief after the loss of a loved one.
- Help developing coping skills to find positives and move forward.
- Specifically, throughout my years in Livonia, we have dealt with mourning several teenage suicides.
- Unexpected/senseless grieving is another issue in itself.
- Outpatient care for individuals in recovery to help maintain their sobriety.
- Identify healthy activities/alternatives to drinking.
- Identify/develop positive supports.
Self Injurious Behavior
- Outpatient work with individuals who are not suicidal, but express their pain through harming themselves.
- Develop alternative, healthier methods of coping with pain.
- Identify areas of interest to pursue activity.
Divorce & Blended Family Issues
- Feelings & behaviors that result from a divorce, remarriage
- Tools to ease the transition
- Poor grades, including performing below potential or being in need of additional support
- Behavioral problems
- Attention seeking behavior
- Outpatient work with individuals on healthy methods of expressing anger, including verbalizing feelings.
- Develop healthy activities/outlets for anger.
- Support for individuals (dating, pre marital, and marital) to improve relationship dynamics.
- Help identify the personal role rather than focusing solely on others.
- Address the relevance of one’s relationship with self.
“Life is too ironic to fully understand it. It takes sadness to know what happiness is, noise to appreciate silence & absence to value presence.”
DENVER, CO — Samantha M. Ruth is a psychotherapist. Today she runs a counseling business; a business based from her own life transitions and is named Never...
How to find stillness in the face of a global epidemic. With greater access to technologies and more individuals now declaring themselves informants or reporters, a wave...